Journey is a pre-orientation program designed to assimilate incoming freshman resident students to college while introducing the students to the wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas. The weeklong program costs $250 and includes various outdoor excursions, Transition to College seminars, transportation, housing and meals.
Journey can accept a maximum of 20 students so submit your application before all the spots are filled! Please mail the completed application and check made out to "Roanoke College" to:
Director of Campus Recreation
221 College Lane
Salem, VA 24153
Please write the student's name in the subject line of the check. If you would like to pay by credit card, please call the Colket Center Info Desk at (540)378-5125.
The first 20 completed and paid applications will be accepted. Any checks received after the program is full will be returned. In order to guarantee a spot, all applications and payments must be received by July 15th. No refunds will be given after that date.
All excursions are led by Outdoor Adventures student guides who are certified in Wilderness First Aid and CPR/AED.
Sun 8/17: Move-in, Introduction, and Ropes Course at Wilderness Adventure
Mon 8/18: Bouldering and Camping at Grayson Highlands State Park
Tue 8/19: Hiking Mt. Rogers and Camping at Grayson Highlands State Park
Wed 8/20: Break camp, Mountain Bike on VA Creeper Trail
Thu 8/21: Hiking McAfee Knob, Dinner at the Homeplace, then Camping at ACE Adventure
Fri 8/22: Whitewater Rafting at ACE Adventure, then return to campus
For More Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Todd Bowyer, Director of Campus Recreation, at (540)375-5219 or email@example.com.
- Men's Basketball4:00 PM, Fri, 01/02/15
- Women's Basketball4:00 PM, Sat, 01/03/15
- CAB- Bingo9:00 PM, Fri, 01/16/15 - Fri, 01/16/15
- Catholic Mass on Campus5:00 PM, Sun, 01/18/15 - Sun, 01/18/15
- Maroon Visit Day12:45 PM, Mon, 01/19/15 - Mon, 01/19/15
- Performing Arts Series presents American Shakespeare Center "Much Ado About Nothing"7:30 PM, Mon, 01/19/15 - Mon, 01/19/15
- Kandinsky Trio Series: The Russian Experience7:30 PM, Sat, 01/24/15 - Sat, 01/24/15