RC 1st Tee
RC 1st Tee is a pre-orientation program designed to assimilate incoming freshman resident students to college while enjoying the sport of golf. This is a recreational outing, not an instructional program; all participants should be familiar with golf etiquette, the rules of the game, and provide their own clubs. The 4-day program costs $325 and includes 3 rounds of golf, Transition to College seminars, transportation, housing, and meals.
RC 1st Tee can accept a maximum of 14 students so submit your application before all the spots are filled! Please mail the completed application and check made out to "Roanoke College" to:
Director of Campus Recreation
221 College Lane
Salem, VA 24153
Please write the student's name in the subject line of the check. If you would like to pay by credit card, please call the Colket Center Info Desk at (540)378-5125.
The first 14 completed and paid applications will be accepted. Any checks received after the program is full will be returned. In order to guarantee a spot, all applications and payments must be received by July 15th. No refunds will be given after that date.
Golf outings will be led by Dr. John Selby, professor of history and an avid golfer, as well as one of our Club Golf student leaders.
Tue 8/19: Move-in and Introduction
Wed 8/20: Golf at Hanging Rock, Making Connections seminar
Thu 8/21: Golf at Ashley Plantation, Freshman Nuts & Bolts seminar
Fri 8/22: Success in the Classroom seminar, Golf at the Pete Dye River Course
For More Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Todd Bowyer, Director of Campus Recreation, at (540)375-5219 or email@example.com.
- Men's Basketball4:00 PM, Fri, 01/02/15
- Women's Basketball4:00 PM, Sat, 01/03/15
- CAB- Bingo9:00 PM, Fri, 01/16/15 - Fri, 01/16/15
- Catholic Mass on Campus5:00 PM, Sun, 01/18/15 - Sun, 01/18/15
- Maroon Visit Day12:45 PM, Mon, 01/19/15 - Mon, 01/19/15
- Performing Arts Series presents American Shakespeare Center "Much Ado About Nothing"7:30 PM, Mon, 01/19/15 - Mon, 01/19/15
- Kandinsky Trio Series: The Russian Experience7:30 PM, Sat, 01/24/15 - Sat, 01/24/15