Housing Selection for 2013-2014 has ended. What happens now?
- If you did not get a room, or did not get the room you want, you should go on the waiting list. We will be in touch if a room you requested becomes available.
- If you do not have a room and you have submitted a waiting list request and you have not been assigned a room in mid-summer, Residence Life will assign you an available space
About the Waiting List
- Due to the overwhelming amount of requests, we are unable to provide a status of where you are on the waiting list.
- You will be contacted if a room has become available, so check your Roanoke email, especially over the summer!
- As the semester comes to a close and especially over the summer, many students' plans will change and more rooms will open. Don't despair if you haven't heard from us! As of mid April, no official room changes have occurred because we are waiting for space to open up.
- Submitting more waiting list requests will NOT increase your chances. It will actually push you further down the list!
The waiting list is for students who would like to change rooms during the Spring 2013 semester. The last day to submit a waiting list request is February 22, 2013. The last day that a waiting list request will be processed is Friday, March 1, 2013. After a request is submitted, the housing coordinator goes through the requests and tries to match requests with open spaces. Students will be contacted if their request is able to be fulfilled.
To access the waiting list, click here.
Default Singles and Open Room Spaces
Due to a number of circumstances, some residents may find themselves in a default single (a double capacity room with a single occupant) or with an open space in their room or apartment. For more information about how these spaces or filled and what the current occupants can expect, please click here.
Returning Student Housing Selection for 2013-2014
Housing Selection is the process by which students choose a room for the upcoming year. More information about the process can be found at our Returning Student Housing Selection 2013-2014 page.
Off Campus Release Information
Each year, a small number of students are granted an "off campus release" so that they can seek housing off campus. For the 2013-2014 school year, this process will be begin with housing selection. More information can be found at the Off Campus Release Information page.
For information about housing over breaks, please see our Breaks page.
Click here to find forms for changing a meal plan, submitting a waiting list request, and requesting special housing accommodations.