Housing selection for Fall 2013 for those currently away from campus
If you are currently studying away from Salem or you are not currently enrolled and you plan to return to campus for the fall 2011 semester, you are not required to live on campus upon your return. However, if you wish to live on campus in the fall, you should participate in the housing selection process.
If you are currently enrolled you will be assigned a time slot for participation and will be notified of that time slot at a later date.
If you are not currently enrolled and would like to participate in housing selection, please contact the Residence Life staff at 540-375-2308 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to arrange for a time slot.
Housing selection for Spring 2013 for those who plan to be away from campus for Fall 2013
If you plan to study away from campus during the Fall 2013 semester or if you plan to take that semester off for other reasons, but you plan to return to campus for the Spring 2014 semester, you should apply your name to the waiting list beginning Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
Instructions for filling out the waiting list:
- Please make sure to choose "studying abroad" under "Current Status," regardless of when you are going abroad (or if you currently are!).
- It is highly recommended that you choose the last option, "Other," and specify multiple preferences. If you have a very specific room in mind, list that as a first choice, but also include back up preferences, such as "a single anywhere" or "Anywhere in Chalmers" etc.
- We want to place you somewhere that you'll be happy, so please give us as much information as possible and know that we will do our best to meet your preferences.
Please keep in mind:
1. During the academic year, you may not maintain a room on campus unless you are enrolled in courses which take place on the Salem campus.
2. You may not use residence hall spaces as storage while you are away or if you are visiting campus and have not left for study abroad yet.
3. Unfortunately, we cannot hold spaces in rooms while someone is abroad. However, if you know someone going abroad in the spring, it's possible that we could place you in that space when they leave, but it is not guaranteed and you should fill out additional preferences just in case!