Break Information for Afton, Catawba and Liz Halls
Residents of Afton, Catawba and Elizabeth Halls, regardless of whether or not they have squatted their room or stored belongings, may move in no earlier than Monday, August 26th, 2013 at 9:00am (except those who have a College-sanctioned reason to arrive early).
Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks 2013-2014
Residents of Afton, Catawba and Elizabeth Halls may remain in their rooms during this time at no cost, but MUST submit a request to stay form by the appropriate date, listed below.
Fall Break: Wednesday, October 9th at 4:30pm
Thanksgiving Break: Friday, November 22nd at 4:30pm
Winter Break: Wednesday, December 11th at 4:30pm
*Residents of Elizabeth, Afton and Catawba Halls may stay throughout the entire break, as long as they submit a request. All other residence halls must be completely vacated by Saturday, December 21st
Spring Break: Wednesday, February 26th at 4:30pm
Residents must move out by noon on Sunday, May 4th, 2014.
Students who would like to stay in their room for the week between graduation and May Term must submit a request to stay over break form.
Students who would like to stay in their room for May Term or Summer Sessions must sign up in May Term and Summer Housing Selection, which takes place in April.
Students who are squatting their current room for the following year may store their belongings for a fee, fill out a form, and provide proof of insurance.
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Wed, 07/30/14 - Wed, 07/30/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Thu, 07/31/14 - Thu, 07/31/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Fri, 08/01/14 - Fri, 08/01/14
- Men's Soccer7:00 PM, Fri, 08/22/14
- Men's Soccer7:30 PM, Tue, 08/26/14
- Performing Arts Series presents Andes Manta in Concert 7:30 PM, Tue, 09/09/14 - Tue, 09/09/14
- Alpha Phi Omega Fall Rush Campfire 7:00 PM, Tue, 09/09/14 - Tue, 09/09/14