The Housing Selection Process
Housing selection is the process during which students will select their living accommodations and roommates for 2014-2015. Participants will make their housing selections in the order of the number of credits they have earned as of the end of the fall 2013 semester. Students with the highest number of credits earned will be allowed to select housing first.
- Current students who do not meet one or more criteria for commuter status and who plan to return in the fall.
- Current students who currently live off campus, but would like to live on campus. These students should contact the Residence Life office to inform them of their desire to participate in the housing selection process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 540-375-2308.
- Students who are currently studying away from campus but plan to return to campus in the fall and do not meet one or more criteria for commuter status.
- Students who are not currently enrolled but plan to return to campus in the fall and do not meet one or more criteria for commuter status.
The Housing Selection Process
Housing Selection for returning students will take place from March 17, 2014 until March 22, 2014. For the full schedule, please click here. Beginning in late February, students will receive more specific information about the process and about when they can log on to the website to choose a room.
Each day of housing selection accommodates a certain group of students as determined by credits. The first day will be for students who are "squatting" their rooms, or keeping the same room from the previous year. No students will have timeslots on Tuesday, March 18th while the system is being updated for general housing selection.
Wednesday through Saturday will be general housing selection. All students who have not already selected a room will log in at the time that is specified by their number of credits (which is sent to them in an email). Students with the most credits log in and choose housing first. For example, students with 35 or more credits, will be able to log in at 8:10am on Thursday, March 21st. Once the time slot opens, students can log in to change their housing until Monday, March 25th at 4:30pm. Students can find their time slot on the schedule, found here.
For all of the step by step information about the housing selection process, please click the link below to see our three steps!
The Steps to the Housing Selection Process
Step 1: Do Some Research | Step 2: Prepare for Selection | Step 3: Choose a Room
Off-Campus Releases | Becoming a Commuter | Housing Selection FAQs
Housing Selection Schedule | Housing Reference Guide
- Men's Soccer7:00 PM, Fri, 08/22/14
- Women's Soccer11:00 AM, Sat, 08/23/14
- RCAD Bingo9:00 PM, Fri, 08/29/14 - Fri, 08/29/14
- Catholic Mass on Campus5:00 PM, Sun, 08/31/14 - Sun, 08/31/14
- Concert: We the Kings8:00 PM, Sat, 09/06/14 - Sat, 09/06/14
- Catholic Mass on Campus5:00 PM, Sun, 09/07/14 - Sun, 09/07/14
- Alpha Phi Omega Fall Rush Campfire 7:00 PM, Tue, 09/09/14 - Tue, 09/09/14