Squatting a Room
Instructions for Squatting a Room
Step 1. Make sure you do all of your preparations on the web service - you can do them after your timeslot opens, but you won't be able to choose a room until they're done! If you're pulling a roommate in, see Selecting Roommates for how to do so.
You may log into www.roanoke.edu/housingselection on March 17th, between 9:00am and 3:30pm.
Step 2. Go to "Choose a Room" and search for your current room. Click "Continue."
Step 3. Assign your bed space.
- If it's a single, there will only be one drop-down. It just tells you that there is one bed in the room and it's yours!
- If it's larger than a single, there will be more than one drop-down option. You can assign one to yourself and one to your roommate(s) if you're pulling someone in. (I don't see my roommate!) The bed spaces do not matter UNLESS you're choosing Afton, in which case, -1 is the single and will be charged a higher rate.
- If you are choosing an apartment or suite, you must have enough people to completely fill the apartment or suite. That means you should make sure all of your future roommates have done the appropriate preparations and accepted all roommate requests.
Step 4: Confirm your selection. Does it look right? Press "Confirm." Press "OK." Once you do this, your space is confirmed and any spaces that you've assigned to roommates are saved for them to confirm during their timeslots.
But what if I want to try to get a different room or off-campus space and I just want to squat my room as a back-up?
You can do that too! You should log on during the timeslot you are assigned according to credits. However, it's important to keep in mind that you run the risk of losing the room you squatted because it will become available to others on the website when you cancel your reservation. For instructions on changing your selection, click here.
- Summer Visit Day1:00 PM, Fri, 07/25/14 - Fri, 07/25/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Mon, 07/28/14 - Mon, 07/28/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Tue, 07/29/14 - Tue, 07/29/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Wed, 07/30/14 - Wed, 07/30/14
- Virginia Private College Week9:00 AM, Thu, 07/31/14 - Thu, 07/31/14
- Men's Soccer7:00 PM, Fri, 08/22/14
- Men's Soccer7:30 PM, Tue, 08/26/14