The waiting list is currently closed in preparation for housing selection. It will reopen on March 24th at 4:00pm ONLY for room changes for the 2014-2015 school year. Requests to change rooms in the spring 2014 semester will no longer be considered. If you are experiencing difficulties in your current rooming situation, please contact your RA or Area Coordinator.
For more information about housing selection, please see: roanoke.edu/homesweethome
If you are waiting to submit a request for the 2014-2015 school year, please read the following information carefully:
- Submitting a waiting list request will cancel any previous waiting list requests you may have submitted and will put your request at the bottom of the list. Only submit another request if you no longer want what you previously requested.
- If your request can be met, your room will be changed in the system and you will be notified by email. Because of the high volume of requests, we cannot offer students the chance to decline a room offer. Students should be very mindful of what they request. (For example, if a student requests a single anywhere on campus and they are next on the list when a single becomes available, they will be placed in it, regardless of its location.)
- Submitting a waiting list request does not guarantee a room change. However, students who did not get a room during housing selection are guaranteed to have a room, though it is not guaranteed that it will be within their request.
- The waiting list goes by date and type of request; due to the amount of requests and the many kinds of requests, we are unable to tell you where you are on the waiting list.
- If you submit a request for something that is not possible, (i.e., a single in Crawford, a double in CAR), your request will be deleted. Please check the different room types available in each building before submitting a request by clicking here.
- Waiting list requests will be considered based strictly on what you request. If you request that you will only move if you have the combination of room type and location that you want, you will only be contacted if that combination becomes available. It is not possible to update your request without submitting a new request and moving to the "bottom" of the list.
- You will be emailed at your Roanoke College email address if your request has been met.
For more information on how the waiting list works, please click here.