History of Marion Hall
Built in 1968 and the most recent of the women's residence halls, Marion Hall was named in tribute to the alumnae of Marion College (1873-1967). This two-year Lutheran women's college was closed in 1967. As a sister college, Roanoke College holds their records and their alumnae meet every other year on Roanoke's campus. Marion College alumnae continue their interest in higher education through their numerous gifts, which especially promote the Fine Arts at Roanoke College.
Additional Information about Marion Hall
Marion Hall is part of the West Side neighborhood and is home to many of our freshmen students. It has common areas on each floor and a large kitchen area and common room (with a big screen tv) on the ground floor. Marion has central heat and air. It is closest hall in proximity to Salem's coffee shop and other stores and is next to its very own beach volleyball court.