With the exception of Afton, Catawba, and Elizabeth Halls, residence halls close during all break periods during the academic year.
Residence hall card access will be disabled during break periods. Students may keep their belongings in their room. Without approval to remain during the breaks, access will be prohibited.
Room and Board for Roanoke College only covers the nights for which class is in session. In order to cover the costs associated with staffing the residence halls, Residence Life charges a nightly fee of $35 for residents who wish to stay for these extra time periods.
Students who have a college-approved reason to stay may do so at no additional cost, but must submit a Request to Stay on Campus During Closed Periods Form.
For safety reasons, all students who stay over break MUST submit a Request to Stay on Campus During Closed Periods Form by the appropriate date and time (click here for a list of dates). Requests received within 24 hours after the deadline will be charged a $35 processing fee. Requests received anytime after that will not be accepted.
For the 2013-2014 break calendar, click here.
- Roanoke Haunting: Haunted House6:00 PM, Sat, 11/01/14 - Sat, 11/01/14
- CHIyOga3:00 PM, Sat, 11/01/14 - Sat, 11/01/14
- Men's Cross Country11:00 AM, Sat, 11/01/14
- Women's Volleyball11:00 AM, Sat, 11/01/14
- Catholic Mass on Campus5:00 PM, Sun, 11/02/14 - Sun, 11/02/14
- Concert in the Chapel--Col Legno Duo7:00 PM, Tue, 11/04/14 - Tue, 11/04/14
- Fall Visit Day12:45 PM, Tue, 11/04/14 - Tue, 11/04/14