Step 4: Go through Housing Selection
Off-Campus Selection is going to be a little different this year than in past years! On Wednesday, March 25 from 8:00am-3:30pm the Housing Portal will be open for students to log into and request off-campus.
Here is how students will participate in off-campus selection:
1. Log-in to the housing web service (roanoke.edu/housingselection) on March 25th anytime between 8:00am and 3:30pm.
2. Choose "Academic Year 2015-2016" then click "Save and Continue"
3. Question 2 (as seen above) will ask if you are interested in being considered for off-campus. Select "Yes!..."
4. It is recommended that you complete all pages on the form until question 6, in case you are not granted off-campus for next year
**Please be aware:
- Checking "Yes" does not guarantee a release from your housing requirement. It is not recommended to sign a lease prior to knowing your status;
- You will be notified by email of the decision;
- Off-campus offers will be determined by units earned and the time submitted;
- Students currently on probation or deferred suspension are not eligible for off-campus release;
- If you are not released from your campus residency requirement, you may submit an appeal and supporting documents until 12pm (Noon), April 15th;
- Students granted off-campus through this selection will not be able to participate in Squatting and/or General Housing Selection
If the student was unable to get an off-campus spot through housing selection, they may choose to go on to the next step: Submitting an Appeal.
The Steps to Seeking an Off-Campus Release
Step 1: Knowing the Facts | Step 2: Determining Eligibility | Step 3: Preparing for Housing Selection
Step 4: Going through Housing Selection | Step 5: Submitting an Appeal
Other pages to check out:
Frequently Asked Questions | Rumors...Dispelled! | Off-Campus Housing Guide